Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shiver ~ Maggie Stiefvater


Shiver is one of those books that everyone around me was reading so I felt like I needed to jump in but it wasn't spectacular for me.  Fortunately, it was a quick read.  I had it done in about 2 days while reading 2 other books. I was able to read this book for free since I borrowed it from a fellow Nook owner. 

Shiver is about a girl, Grace, who falls in love with a werewolf that she has known since she was a little girl.  Sam, the wolf, changes from wolf to human depending on the weather.  The book is about Grace protecting Sam from the cold weather so that he doesn't turn back into a wolf.  Other events unfold while this is happening involving Grace's friends and Sam's wolf pack. 

This book just didn't have enough action and drama for me but it wasn't necessarily boring either.  It had an interesting concept.  I felt like the characters were not well developed at all.  Throughout the whole book I had lots of questions that never seemed to get answered to my liking.

Despite the fact that I wasn't blown away by the book, I will be picking up the sequel, Linger, that is due to be released in July.

In My Opinion:  B-

No comments: