Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Everlost ~ Neal Shusterman

After reading Unwind by Neal Shusterman I became an instant fan of his so after reading a few reviews I decided to pick up Everlost

Everlost is the 1st book in the Skinjacker trilogy.  This book is about 2 kids who are in a car accident who don't cross over to either heaven or hell...they are left in Everlost.  Everlost is full of "ghosts" who don't cross over into the afterlife.  They are on Earth, but not on Earth as they once knew it.  There are good guys and bad in Everlost and these 2 kids are trying to figure out the ways of their new world, making enemies and friends along the way.

I wasn't absolutely hooked on the book but it did keep me somewhat interested.  The book was kind of so-so for me until the end.  The ending is what made me like this book and want to continue on to the 2nd book, Everwild.  So don't read the first few chapters and give up on it!


As far as the characters, they weren't totally developed and I have some unanswered questions, but I have a feeling that will continue in the following 2 books in the trilogy.  I genuinely cared for these kids and was curious to know if they complete their journey to cross over to the afterlife.  The plot was interesting and made me wonder if that really happens to our souls....


In My Opinion: A-

No comments: