Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Body Finder ~ Kimberly Derting

The Body Finder is such an amazing book!! From page one, I couldn't put it down.  This is Kimberly Derting's first book and what a great one it is!  Desires of the Dead, the sequel to The Body Finder, doesn't come out until 2011 and I'm upset I have to wait that long.

This book is about a girl named Violet who has been surrounded by death since she was born.  She has a way of sensing dead bodies (animal and human) and it bothers her until they are put the rest respectively.  She also gets "echos" from people who are killers or have been around death.  There is a serial killer on the prowl in her town who preys on young girls and she sets out to find him when a friend of her's becomes one of his victims.  Violet also finds herself falling in love with her long time friend, Jay, who also comes to her rescue more than once.

I instantly fell in love with Violet and Jay and the relationship they share.  For me, this book was not predictable.  Some of the chapters left me hanging so I had to keep reading which caused me to stay up late hours of the night.  The Body Finder is about 330 pages so it's a quick read.   I'm looking forward to Desires of the Dead!

In My Opinion: A+

No comments: