Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Covet (Fallen Angels #1) ~ J.R. Ward

Covet is book one in another series by J.R. Ward.  It took me about 100 pages into this book to really get into it, but it was worth the read in the end.

Covet reminded me of the whole six degrees to seperation theory.   In the beginning of the book, it goes back and forth between the main characters in the book.  It makes you feel like they'll all eventually come together...and they do.  Jim, the main character, becomes a fallen angel who must help 7 people who are at crossroads in their life.  Book one is about the 1st person he is assigned to help so I assume there will be at least 7 books in the Fallen Angels series.

This book didn't have as much adult content as her other series, Black Dagger Brotherhood.  I think this series is more of a drama.  Jim is not a completely developed character, but I'm sure it will gradually unfold as the series continues. 

Don't give up on this book right away.  Give it about 100 pages and you'll be hooked.  Fans of BDB won't love it as much as those sexy brother vampires, but it's worth a read.

In My Opinion:  A-

No comments: