Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Unwind ~ Neal Shusterman


Let me start off by saying that I was completely hooked on this book. An indication of a great book to me is when you put it down right before you go to bed, you continue to think about it and you have to talk yourself out of picking the book back up.

This was the first book I've read by Neal Shusterman. If all of his books are as good as Unwind, than he is my favorite author.

Unwind is about a group of kids caught up in a new set of laws called The Bill of Life. The Bill of Life states that human life may not be touched from the moment of conception until a child reaches the age of thirteen. After the age of thirteen, parents have the option of sending their child to a harvest camp where the child's life doesn't "technically" end.

Unwind made me think about the value of life and what it means to really be alive. The story is compelling and disturbing. There are twists in the plot and surprises you didn't see coming.

I highly recommend this book to all ages, not just young adults.

In My Opinion: A+

No comments: