Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beautiful Creatures ~ Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


Where do I begin with Beautiful Creatures....

I've read a lot of other reviews on this book before I decided to read it and 98% of them were of people raving about it.
Me? Well, I'm not going to rave about it. It was a good book. It was worth reading but I was able to put it down.

Beautiful Creatures has an interesting storyline. Basically it's about a girl who on her 16th birthday, will be chosen to go to the Dark Side of the Light Side (sorry about the Star Wars pun). This girl, along with her boyfriend, discovers her families past and tries to save herself from becoming Dark.

The characters were well developed. I had empathy for them. The end of each chapter made me want to continue onto the next.

The book has a conclusion and doesn't leave you hanging but does lead you to believe there will be a sequel....and there will be. This will be a 5 book series and I've also read that it will be turned into movies by Warner Brothers to fill the revenue void after the Harry Potter movies come to an end in 2011.

In My Opinion: B+

No comments: