Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dark Lover: Black Dagger Brotherhood Book 1 ~ J.R. Ward


First of all...I have to say that this book is NOT for young readers! I didn't know a lot about this book before reading it and I'll admit that I was shocked at the sex parts. After I began reading it, I realized it's categorized under Romance. That could have been my first clue.

Even though it's a romance novel, this book has an excellent plot that kept me interested and wanting to read more (and not just for the sex parts!).

Dark Lover
is nothing like the Twilight Saga. Actually, I didn't find one similarity except for the fact that it's about vampires surviving in a human world.

Dark Lover is about a girl named Beth who finds out she is half vampire but up until now, has lived her life as a mortal. Now that she is approaching the age of 25, she is going through the change of living as a vampire. In this book, vampires are born vampires, they are not former humans. Vampires do not feed off humans, they feed off vampires of the opposite sex. There is group of Lessers who are out to kill vampires. A few more humans are thrown into the mix to make it a great story.

I will say that some of the dialog is a little cheesy and screams ROMANCE!! Dark Lover is a romance novel with an actual plot and developed characters.

I really enjoyed this book and I'm anxious to start reading #2, Lover Eternal.

In My Opinion: A-

No comments: