Find Books Fast 234x60

Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Old Magic ~ Marianne Curley

It took me a bit to get into Old Magic. The story didn't grab me until the last 7 or so chapters. Honestly, I only finished the book to see how it ended. Although, after reading the ending, I could have predicted it.

Old Magic is about a new kid in town who befriends the grand daughter of a witch. The new kid has powers that he is not aware of having. The plot is about these two figuring out the source of his powers and ultimately changing the future of his family.

The characters take turn narrating, which at first was a little annoying but I got use to it.

As I said before, this book didn't grab me from the beginning. If I paid money for this book, I'd feel like I wasted it. I don't feel as if the characters' relationship was developed very well. I didn't feel like I should empathize with any of the characters. When I read, I like to feel invested in the people and story.

I'd recommend picking this book up at the library or borrow it from a friend. Don't spend $15 on the hardcover.

In My Opinion: C-

No comments: